Head Coach & Programmer
Amy graduated from James Madison University as a double major, earning a Bachelor’s degree in both Kinesiology and Health Sciences. While there, Amy worked at the University Rec center and would supervise the weight room and assist students with proper technique. Amy then moved to Boston to pursue a Master’s degree in cardiopulmonary exercise physiology. At that time she got her personal training certification and began one on one training, and some small group training sessions.
At 25 years old Amy partnered with Chris Gosler and together opened CrossFit Southie. Since 2010 CrossFit Southie has grown to become one of the largest and most successful CrossFit Gyms in the country. The facility is 15,000 square feet and is home to a predominantly young and eager membership.
Amy has been the programmer for CrossFit Southie since its inception and is also the programmer for STRIVE. When programming her objective is to make workouts stimulating mentally, as well as physically. Each week the workouts have purpose and are well balanced. Adding variety, creativity, and the right amount of strength training and accessory work has been effective in injury prevention and delivering desired results.
Amy lives in Norwell with her husband Chris and 3 young boys- Bradley, Chase, and Bryce. Amy is also a registered Massachusetts Real Estate agent and a real estate investor. She spends much of her free time exploring the latest trends in interior design and obsessing over home decor. She also enjoys hosting gatherings and cooking for friends and family. In the summer you can find the Gosler family on Duxbury Beach or at their beach house up in Maine!
- M.S. Clinical Exercise
- B.S. Kinesiology
- B.S. Health Science
- CrossFit (CCFT) Level 3
- CrossFit Kids
- USA Weightlifting
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit Kettlebell
- CrossFit Defense
- ACSM Health Fitness Instructor
- 2014 Coach CrossFit Northeast Regional Games 6th Place finishing CrossFit Southie Team
- 2013 Coach CrossFit Northeast Regional Games 4th Place finishing CrossFit Southie Team
- 2012 28th place CrossFit Games
- 2012 2nd Place Northeast Regional CrossFit Southie Team
- 2011 CrossFit Northeast Regional Games 4th Place finishing CrossFit Southie Team
- 2010 CrossFit Northeast Regional Games 24th Place Women’s Individual